Warranty Policy for Purchased Equipment
All refurbished equipment sold by U.S. Med-Equip, Inc. (“USME”) is patient-ready and is warranted to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year unless otherwise specified. Parts, accessories and internal batteries are covered by a 90-day limited warranty unless otherwise specified. Any stated warranties are in effect from the date of sale. US MED-EQUIP reserves the right to repair, replace or refund (less cost of shipping) any item(s) requiring warranty service. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs and required to contact US MED-EQUIP prior to shipping the item(s) back.
Proof of rebuild by USME (such as a copy of repair record, invoice or canceled check) must be submitted if requested by USME to obtain the benefits of this warranty. This warranty is void if: (a) the equipment has been damaged by negligence, accident or mishandling, or has not been operated in accordance with the procedures described in the operating instructions; or (b) the equipment has been altered or repaired by any company or entity other than USME or adaptations or accessories have been made or attached to the equipment which, in the determination of USME shall have affected the performance, safety, or reliability of the equipment. NO OTHER WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, applies to the equipment, nor is any person or company authorized to assume any other warranty. USME does not assume any responsibility for any consequential damages occasioned by the equipment, or inconvenience or interruption in operation.
- Internal batteries are covered for 90 days.
- International orders are excluded from this warranty.
This Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the product or costs related to the removal, installation, or troubleshooting of the customer’s electrical systems. This warranty does not apply to and USME will not be responsible for any defect in or damage to:
- The product if it has been misused, neglected, improperly installed, physically damaged or altered, either internally or externally, or damaged from improper use or use in an unsuitable environment or the use of unauthorized accessories;
- The product if repairs have been done to it other than by USME or its authorized service centers (hereafter “ASCs”);
- The product if it is used as a component part of a product expressly warranted by another manufacturer; or
- The product if its original identification (tamper tag, trade-mark, serial number) markings have been defaced, altered, or removed.
Warning: Limitations On Use
Please refer to your product manual for limitations on uses of the product.
Return Material Authorization Policy
Before returning a product directly to USME you must call USME at 1-877-677-7767 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and the correct factory “Ship To” address. Products must also be shipped prepaid. Product shipments will be refused and returned at your expense if they are unauthorized, returned without an RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the shipping box, if they are shipped collect, or if they are shipped to the wrong location. When you contact USME to obtain service, please have your instruction manual ready for reference and be prepared to supply the following information:
• The serial number of your product
• Information about the installation and use of the unit
• Information about the failure and/or reason for the return
• A copy of your dated proof of purchase if requested
1) Package the unit safely, preferably using the original box and packing materials. Please ensure that your product is shipped fully insured in the original packaging or equivalent. This warranty will not apply where the product is damaged due to improper packaging.
2) Include the following:
• The RMA number supplied by USME clearly marked on the outside of the box.
• A return address where the unit can be shipped. Post office boxes are not acceptable.
• A contact telephone number where you can be reached during work hours.
• A brief description of the problem.
3) Ship the unit prepaid to the address provided by your USME customer service representative.
4) The customer must notify US Med-Equip of a return with seven days of receiving the item. The customer will be responsible for return shipping costs and a 15% restocking fee.
Customers are responsible for the freight cost of returning the equipment to USME. USME will pay for the return of the serviced equipment by UPS ground shipment. Customers are responsible for expedited method of shipping.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY USME IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USME PRODUCT AND IS, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT, HOWEVER ARISING (WHETHER BY CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRINCIPLES OF MANUFACTURER’S LIABILITY, OPERATION OF LAW, CONDUCT, STATEMENT OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO APPLY TO THE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD STIPULATED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT WILL USME BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES HOWEVER ARISING WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION ANY ECONOMIC LOSSES OF ANY KIND, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF MISUSE OR ABUSE, OR THE INCORRECT INSTALLATION, INTEGRATION OR OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT.